International project «Jean Monnet Module»Print
"The European Commission's support for the production of this publication does not constitute an endorsement of the contents, which reflect the views only of the authors, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein"
The North-West Institute of Management received a grant from the European Commission
for implementing of the Jean Monnet Module “The influence of migration and socio-demographic processes
on the periphery of the European integration. Legal political and humanitarian aspects”.
Project Manager - Vadim Atnashev, Associate Professor, Candidate of Philological Sciences.
Project team also includes Dmitry Popov, Associate Professor, Candidate of Philosophy, Dmitry Novik, Candidate of History, Director of NWIM CIPA and Viktoria Morozova, project technical coordinator.
The application for the project has passed a tough selection and gained 97 points out of 100 possible. Only 152 applications was approved from 905 all for educational projects Jeanne Monnet.
The module program is designed for 3 years. Each year there will be a new intake of students from among master student of the Law Faculty, the Faculty of International Relations and students of other faculties.
The first educational course starts in February 2019. Module's program is based on interesting, relevant, practice-oriented material.
1 Part. Megatrends and topical issues of socio-demographic process in the modern world-1: human and social capital.
This block opens the Module with two topics:
- Human capital in the context of transition to the new techno-economic paradigm.
- Demographic and political processes in the modern world (migration aspect).
2 Part. "European macro-regions in the space of migration mobility".
There are three topics in this section:
- Trans-regional process and its impact on the social and demographic policies of the EU;
- Demographic factor and the role of migration in the EU and the polarization of society;
- Migration crisis and the situation of refugees in European countries.
3 Part. "Legal aspects of migration processes in Europe":
- International law and international global organizations;
- European law and the activities of European institutions;
- The influence of European law on the national legislation of the countries of the European periphery;
- Countering international human trafficking and illegal migration;
- Study of the practice of the European Court of Human Rights.
4 Part. “Socio-humanitarian aspects of migration”:
- National and European context: political characteristics of a diversified society;
- National and European context: The integration of Diasporas in the European multicultural society and the problem.
- Practical-oriented seminar on the study of practices of information-based EU institutions and cultural organizations.
The training course will be based on the main forms of the educational process: interactive classes, thematic extracurricular classes, lectures, workshops, scientific training of students, writing articles.
The module program also includes an annual round table, designed to give the opportunity students to present their scientific results on the same platform with together foreign and Russian experts, specialists in the field of migration and socio-demographic policy and representatives of NGOs. The round table will be included in the system of international scientific events of NWIM.
Following the results of each training course, the publication of the best articles of students and experts is planned. Upon completion of the entire Module, a collective monograph will be published, which will become the basis for further research and will also be used as the main or auxiliary teaching material in other training courses.
Module students who successfully complete the course will receive Certificates with relevant information on the topic of their work and workload upon completion.
The module will be constantly updated. It is planned that in the future it will become the basis for several subjects of study, and ultimately - a separate program for students studying law and international relations. The entire course, or part of it, can also become the basis for advanced training courses for state and municipal official, law enforcement officers and representatives of civil society.
The project is coordinated by the Centre for international project activities under the Department of International cooperation of NWIM RANEPA. You can contact us by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org (please, indicate “Jean Monnet Module” in the topic).
The project number is 599762-EPP-1-2018-1-RU-EPPJMO-MODULE.
Project is run by: the Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration, North-West Institute of Management.
Project start date: 01.09.2018.
Project end date: 31.08.2021.
Detailed information in the presentation.
Additional education materials:
ALL NEWS (click)
STARTED THE SECOND YEAR OF STUDY WITHIN PROGRAMME JEAN MONNET
In this academic years 32 students enrolled in the program. The program includes 74 ac. class hours and 46 ac.extracurricular hours, also class in governement and cultural institutions.
In this year the program began in October 2019 and will end in May 2020 year.