NWIM emphasizes a strategic approach to internationalization throughout all areas– education, research, as well as service and consulting missions. While carrying out the strategy of comprehensive internationalization NWIM bases its activity on Top-priority Governmental Project “Development of Export Potential of Russian Education” and acts within the NWIM Program of International Activity Development for 5 Years. These goals are supported by a range of core activities, enhancing an international, intercultural or global dimension of institute’s life:
- Enhancing outbound mobility of lecturers and students at all levels (i.e. Bachelor, Master and PhD level)
- Increasing foreign language proficiency of both students and lecturers to strengthen their intercultural competences
- Providing more opportunities for students and lecturers to gain international experience at home by implementing joint short-term courses/programs, intensive weeks, inviting guest professors, etc.
- Conducting joint MA programs with partner universities
- Attracting international students through increasing of amount of English-taught programs, as well as through comfortable conditions of stay in St. Petersburg (guaranteed dormitory, visa support, buddy program, etc.)
- Contributing to strong international involvement in research and education through internationalization of service missions
- Fostering links between academics from NWIM and international colleagues within the framework of university networks, as well as intensifying collaboration between academics with similar research focus in the form of joint research projects and joint publications.
To reach these goals, NWIM is actively involved in international programs, and one of the most effective is Erasmus+.
The institute has a successful experience of Erasmus+-applications in the framework of student and teacher mobility, as well as in the framework of an EU supported Jean Monnet Project "Modern challenges to the European integration: international policy and legal aspects" (565663-EPP-1-2015-1-RU-EPPJMO-PROJECT). Nowadays the Institute cooperates with 66 higher educational institutes and organizations of 26 countries of CIS, Europe and Asia and intends further expansion of international contacts, including new Erasmus+-partnerships.
Our Erasmus+ partners are:
Alianza 4 Universidades (Spain):
- Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona (UAB)
- Universidad Autónoma de Madrid (UAM)
- Universitat Pompeu Fabra en Barcelona (UPF)
- Universidad Carlos III de Madrid (UC3M)
National University of Public Service (Hungary)
Burgas Free University (Bulgaria)
Hochschule für öffentliche Verwaltung Kehl (Germany)