The prior direction of scientific and research work of NWIM RANEPA is effectiveness of state administration in Russia. Other research fields correspond to educational fields, offered at our faculties: public administration, economics, international relations, political science, law, customs regulation, sociology, as well as Eurasian studies, Russian studies, Post-Soviet and Arctic studies.
The science activity of the Institute is based on the following fields:
- Estimation of the effectiveness of State authorities, State and Municipal activity
- Implementation of new IT in the State authorities’ work
- Elaboration of the Regional economic and social development strategies
- Problems and prospects of implementation of the interaction instruments within the framework of the Eurasian Economic Union
- Study of the integration process on the Post-Soviet area and shaping of trans boundary links in the North-Western region of Russia
- Analysis of Public opinion in social and political area
- Research of economic effectiveness of commercial organizations and instruments of its improvement
Annually the Institute publishes more than 60 books and monographs. NWIM RANEPA cooperates with Publishing houses of the leading world universities (Cambridge, Goteborg, etc.). The institute issues editions on the basis of the governmental order. A large part of researches is taken by works, ordered by the federal and regional authorities, connected with realization of public service and local government reforming.